Sunday 23 June 2013


Back in about January of 2011, I decided I was crazy. I made the commitment to run my first half marathon. I had never run a race before. Not even a 5 km. I steered clear from the "track" part of track and field at school. I was told I couldn't run. It was then that I decided that I would prove everyone who ever doubted me wrong, and I would go out and run. 

I finished the race. I was slow, but I ran most of it, and I finished. Anyone who ever doubted me has never finished a half marathon. They haven't even the courage to start. 

I do feel a little bit crazy deciding to run my first full marathon in January, but I know that I have the strength to finish! It's also going to hopefully take me on a journey to a newer, healthier me. So, here's a photo of day one, and I'll keep you all posted on my journey!



No comments:

Post a Comment